Our lungs are a very important part of our body, often taken for granted. We do not pay much attention to them; however, it is the lungs that keep us breathing and supply us with fresh oxygen. Although the human body’s lung defence mechanism is quite strong, it does not hurt to take some precautions and follow some tips that can keep your lungs healthy and going for a very long time. Dr. Gokhale, the best heart and lung transplant surgeon in Hyderabad, has a few tips for healthy lungs for everyone to follow.
What causes lung cancer?
- The number one cause behind lung cancer, which is the most widespread form of lung disease, is cigarette smoking.
- It cannot be stressed enough on how harmful this habit is, not just for you but for people around you as well, who inhale the smoke that you let out, or who do passive smoking.
- Although the government is doing its best to make people aware of the effects of cigarette smoking, there is only so much even it can do.
- It comes down to personal choice and to make the decision to not smoke, in order to keep yourself healthy and to not spoil your relationships with people around you.
What foods are good for your lungs?
Although the best diet plan for healthy living is a highly debatable topic, there is a standard set of guidelines that can be followed in order to keep your lungs healthy and well. Dr. Gokhale, the best lung transplant surgeon in Hyderabad, says that incorporating some really common items in your diet will go a long way in keeping your lungs healthy. Let us look at what these food items are.
- The best thing you could do for your lungs is to drink plenty of water.
- That’s right, pure, clean water is very essential in keeping the blood flow going to and from your lungs, and helps cleanse other body organs as well.
- Ginger, garlic and onions are three other pungent foods that are great for the lungs.
- These apart, fruits like grapefruit, pomegranates, apples and oranges keep your lungs in mint condition as well.
How do you keep the lungs healthy?
- Last, but not least, there are specific breathing exercises for healthy lungs that you can perform on a daily basis that will keep your lungs working in the best conditions for a long time.
- Also, these exercises can help improve your overall bodily circulation and also to make you feel relaxed and comfortable.
About Dr Gokhale:
Dr Alla Gopala Krishna Gokhale is the best lung transplant surgeon in India who performed first successful lung transplantation surgery in Hyderabad, Telangana.