What is the best food to eat with COPD?
- If you are one of those having COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), you will need to concentrate on proper diet plans in order to prevent any aggravation to the body condition.
- Improving your food habits is one of the best chronic obstructive lung disease treatment, according to Dr. Gokhale, one of the Best Surgeons for Lung Diseases.
- There are many lung disease treatment centers, where you will find a registered dietitians who will help you in preparing a diet plan that can be best suited for you.
- A proper diet can help you stave off the chest and body infections in an effective way. The below tips, on having a balanced nutrition can help you in fighting the infection.
What foods are recommended for COPD?
- Include foods that are low in protein and fat contents, like lean meat, oily fish and poultry, and those which have high fiber contents like brown rice, bran, beans and others. Fresh fruits and other food containing high level of potassium are also advisable.
- Avoid having too much salt. Instead, opt for substitutes that are low in sodium contents. Avoid fruits like peaches, apricots, melons and other fruits that may cause gas and bloating. The list of foods to avoid with copd include fried foods, chocolate, dairy products and vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage, Brussel sprouts and other vegetables that may cause gas.
- Drink plenty of fluids which include beverages that are non caffeinated. Limit your consumption of alcoholic beverages and avoid tea, soda and coffee.
- Having control on weight is also one of the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease treatment guidelines. Underweight is one of the chronic lung disease signs and symptoms, caused by depression or loss of appetite. Eating healthy foods like milk, egg, cheese, oats, nuts and granola can help improving your weight.
- Have five to six small meals per day, and try to take your main meal early in the day. While having food, sit on a chair with high desk so that no pressure is created on the chest.
Proper nutrition is a vital part of chronic obstructive lung disease treatment, says Top Lung Disease Surgeon – Dr Gokhale.
To Know More : https://www.drgokhale.com
For Appointments Call:
Emergency Number(s): 9603040506
Contact Number(s): 91-40-2360 7777 / 5555 / 2000